From a humble start as a radio parts wholesaler in 1925 Shure has grown to become a global leader in audio electronics. Shure products have been ever…
For more than 90 years, Shure has been one of the leading suppliers of professional audio technology. Our products can be found all over the world and are being used in significant companies and top ranking conferences.
To reinforce our team we are looking for a
Applications Engineer/Technical Customer Support
The Applications Engineer/Technical Customer Support is responsible to provide high-level, advanced, technical training support to external customers, including sales managers, dealers/integrators, and other key stakeholders. Works closely with Product Management, Sales, and Marketing. We are looking for a new employee who is stationed in Diegem, but with the possibility to work from Culemborg.
- Provides advanced technical support for complex Shure product lines that involve software, firmware, networking, comprehensive wireless, and other sophisticated capabilities.
- General Technical Customer Support activities/tasks.
- Resolves advanced application and customer application problems, including performing follow-up technical support, by working with Product Development, Product Management, Service, Quality Assurance, and other departments.
- Provide technical assistance in the design/integration of customer applications relating to complex audio operating systems.
- Reviews new products for proper use with other products, including performing field tests on new products to gain familiarity and working knowledge.
- Manages activities related to training for external customers for assigned product lines using appropriate means (e.g. in-field, webinar, etc.).
- Provides feedback on requested product improvements and/or new product suggestions, based on customer input gathered during support and training activities.
- Provides input on product improvements and modifications based on customer requirements.
- Assists customers with proper product specification and selection as well as explains the operation of complementary audio products (e.g., limiter, equalizer, compressor), i.e., when they should be employed, and how they interface with and affect the performance of Shure products.
- Translation and update of product documentation to French/Dutch language.
- Responsible for local certification process and approvals which are necessary for sales in the region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Academic degree in related area is required or equivalent work experience.
- Strong technical / product background with emphasis on AV applications.
- Work experience with planning and execution of audio installation projects.
- Good understanding of audio network protocols.
- Communication skills, creativity, and strong commitment to the responsibilities and goals.
- Functional to excellent spoken and written French, Dutch, and English language skills. Other languages are of advantage.
- Motivated, pro-active, results-oriented and work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and SAP applications.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job nor shall it be construed as giving exclusive title to every function described.
a challenging job in a company with tremendous potential for further personal expansion for your future professional career. It also goes without saying that we offer an attractive salary as well as comprehensive social benefits.
How to apply
How to apply
Please send your written application and CV - in English - to: